Danish Curling Association is looking for a Talent Development Manager. You will be heading the “Danish Curling Academy”, which is an initiative that aims at expanding and developing Danish curling talents. We want to develop world-class curlers in the long term and improve results in short term. The position reports to the Director of Sports.
- You will be responsible for the overall development of talents from 10 years old and up.
- Talent development is focused around the “Danish Curling Academy”, that you will be responsible for managing. Danish Curling Academy is an initiative that started 2 years ago and today consists of 4-6 weekend camps and funding for participation in international tournaments.
- You will be responsible for the Danish participation in World Junior Championships, including the preparation.
- You will participate in the development our youth program that aims at creating differentiated training concepts for different age groups. This program will be developed in co-operation with the Team Danmark, who is the body that supports elite sports in Denmark.
- Participate actively in training with special focus on technique and strategy. It will be possible to use other experts for the mental and physical aspects of the training.
- Arrange 4-6 weekend camps per year, including communication with the clubs about ice time, planning the activities, communication to the players, make agreements with other resources etc.
- Keep the current talents motivated and interested, and work with the clubs to improve their talent work. You will visit the clubs and help them plan the activities in close co-operation with our development officer.
- Participate in the training/certifying of coaches.
- Participate in the World Junior Championships (B and/or A). You will apply your curling knowledge and take on the role as “team manager” to ensure a professional approach to the participation. You will also train and educate the team coaches.
- Participate in a number of junior tour events, to follow the progress of the Danish teams.
- Stay updated on international developments.
- Develop and document training programs.
- Perform simple administrative routines wrt. expenses and salaries. Administrative help will be made available.
- We estimate that you will use approximately 50 days per year, where the majority will take place August-February. There will be quite a bit of evening and weekend activities. Some of the activities can be performed from home, but is important, that you have a flexible approach to your use of time. This is a new position, so you must create a lot of the structure around the position yourself.
- Your knowledge of curling is recent – particularly within technique and strategy.
- It will be a big advantage, if you have experience with working with kids and youth.
- You are an extrovert person and are good at communicating with all types of people – and of course young people.
- You have international curling experience at world level, either as a player or coach, preferably both. You know “what it takes” to obtain international results and you have “been there” yourself.
- You have a good teaching/guidance approach and good leadership skills that will come into play when you will organize and lead training camps and be the team manager at championships.
- It is essential, that you see this role as an opportunity to make a difference, where your passion for curling and youth is driving your motivation.
- A challenging job, where you work with youth and talent.
- A professional development of the role with a lot of freedom to shape the role.
- Close co-operation with the Director of Sport and our Development Officer.
- Good development opportunities, including co-operation with Team Danmark.
- Salary negotiable.
Please send your application to Director of Sport Ulrik Schmidt at email@example.com no later than April 30th 2017. If you have questions, please call Ulrik directly: +45 40 86 26 64.